Friday, July 20, 2012

How Empty Milk Jugs Changed My Garden


Earlier this week, I wrote about some of my various frugal endeavors and experiments, that...well...failed. However, I have one experiment that has been going on in my garden since April that makes up for all of them!


Those little seedlings I mentioned back in early May, the ones I was so nervous to transplant, are thriving! It's borderline crazy how excited this makes me!

I'm guest posting over at The Green Phone Booth today all about my experience with the milk jug mini-greenhouses. Check it out for a recap of the process and how reusing milk jugs changed the way I garden forever!

{This post is linked up to Your Green Resource, Little House Friday, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, and Homestead Barn Hop.}

4 comments:

carrotpatch said...

Thanks so much for posting this. Can't wait to try it. Don't you know I just threw out six gallon jugs I decided I didn't have a use for!

Marlo said...

There is a milk jug draining in my sink right now that is going away for next spring. I have wanted a greenhouse for so long. This is a great repurposed idea! Thanks for sharing...

Unknown said...

I saw your post on Pinterest and was wondering what zone you are in.

Heather said...

I'm in zone 6b.

Related Posts with Thumbnails